Please do not attend the sale if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 – www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms
• We are requesting that you register your details at our office on the sale ground; this is to ensure that we can track and trace everyone attending should we need to.
• Hand sanitisation units will be available on the sale ground for your use.
• Although this is an outdoor event, we are asking everyone attending to bring your own PPE and wear face masks.
• Please only attend the sale if you intend to bid; this is so that we can keep attendance levels at a manageable level and maintain social distancing regulations.
• Please maintain the 2m social distancing rule wherever possible.
• The sale can be followed live online with live audio and visual at www.i-bidder.com
- Viewing: Friday 25th September 2020 12noon - 5.00pm
- Pages Farm, Scratby Road, Scratby, Gt. Yarmouth, NR29 3NL
- Bidders wishing to use the online bidding service are required to register prior to the sale.
- Any items purchased online will be subject to additional 4% surcharge plus VAT
- Barry L Hawkins accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss of the Online Bidding Service and the ability to bid.
Care is taken to ensure that any statements as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition are reliable and accurate, but all such statements are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. Barry L Hawkins reserve the right, in forming their opinion, to consult and rely upon any expert or authority reasonably considered by them to be reliable. All clients are advised they are entering into a contract with Barry L Hawkins Independent Auctioneers and Valuers under English Law and Jurisdiction.
1. The Buyer
The highest bidder to be the buyer. If any dispute arises, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to put any disputed lot up again for sale.
2. Buyer Identification
Buyers are requested to register in advance of the sale in order to avoid delay in clearing purchases. Goods will not be cleared until full payments have been received or cheques cleared. Barry L Hawkins will not accept commission bids for any unregistered buyers.
3. Buyer’s Premium
The buyer shall pay the hammer price together with a buyer’s premium at the rate of 3.5% inclusive of VAT. Internet bidding incurs an additional 4% plus VAT charge.
VAT is charged on Barry L Hawkins’ services NOT on the goods and is payable at the standard rate set by the UK government.
Immediately on the fall of the hammer, all lots shall be at the sole risk and expense of the respective purchasers.
All Bidders need to pay and arrange collection of smalls within 5 working days of the auction. Furniture buyers need to pay and collect within 3 working days of its sale day.
Failure to pay for goods within six weeks of the auction will result in the sale being rescinded. The defaulting buyer will also be blocked from bidding at future Barry L Hawkins auctions.
5. Methods of Payment
Cash, debit card, credit card or direct bank payment.
UK Debit cards incur no extra charge. All credit and international debit cards incur an additional 3% charge.
Personal cheques will only be accepted at the discretion of Barry L Hawkins and on the understanding that NO goods will be released until bank clearance of the cheque has completed.
6. Collection / Shipment of Goods
If you are successful in winning a lot, you have 3 working days after the auction sale to pay and collect your lots.
7. Loss or Damages
All buyers / couriers must check their purchases prior to departure from the auction. Barry L Hawkins will accept no claims for loss or damage thereafter.
8. Third Party Liability
Every person at Barry L Hawkins Auctions shall be deemed to be there at his own risk. They shall have no claim against Barry L Hawkins in respect to any accident which may occur or injury, damage or loss howsoever caused.
9. Rights of Admission
The right is reserved to refuse admission to the auction premises and may be used by Barry L Hawkins without giving a reason.
10. Selling Rate
Lots are sold at approximately 100 lots per hour