Buyer's Premium 20%+VAT (Lots 1 - 99)
Buyers Premium 12% + VAT minimum premium £80 +VAT (Lots 100-200)
Buyers For Motorcycle Auctions if you require your vehicle to be moved by a professional motorcycle removal firm, we recommend Chas Mortimer Ltd. Please contact them direct for a quote on +44 (0)1233 633623 or through their web site www.chasmortimer.co.uk
Lots will only be released after payment is received
Conditions of Sale
1) All lots will be offered for sale subject to these conditions of sale for veteran, vintage and classic vehicles, motorcycles and automobilia.
2) Charterhouse act as agents for the vendor of each lot and shall not be party to or liable in any manner whatsoever on any contract of sale between the seller and the buyer.
3) The Buyer.
a) The highest bidder acknowledged as such by the auctioneer will be the buyer. If any dispute arises, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle the matter. The auctioneer shall rule the bidding and no bid shall be retracted. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid. The successful bidder is entirely responsible for paying for such lot or lots in accordance with our terms of business. Purchases made on behalf of a third party are entirely the responsibility of the bidder. The auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the vendors for any lot and to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots.
b) The buyer of any lot shall be solely responsible for conforming with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts, the Construction and Use of Motor Vehicle Regulations and all relevant orders, rules and legislation made in connection therewith.
c) The buyer of any lot shall be solely responsible for the obtaining of any export license that may be required in connection with any lot purchased. (see below)
i) Buyers are reminded that an export license is required for any vehicle purchased for more than £15,999 and manufactured or produced 50 years prior to the date of export. Certain other items including, inter alia, all manuscripts and documents 50 or more years old and photographic material 60 or more years old and valued at £400 or more require export licences.
ii) It should be noted that export licences usually take a minimum of four weeks to obtain and buyers are reminded that their purchases must be stored away from the auction site, at their cost, pending export.
iii) Buyers are reminded that it is a serious offence to breach or attempt the regulations concerning export licences.
4) Registration. Please register through i-bidder or the-saleroom.
5) Buyer`s Premium.
A buyers premium of 12% (plus VAT) (13% if bought via i-bidder or the-saleroom) is payable on vehicles (Minimum of £80 plus VAT).
7) Value Added Tax. Lots on which Value Added Tax may be payable by the buyer on the "hammer price" are indicated in the catalogue by a symbol beside the lot number. The buyer shall pay any VAT which may be due on any amounts owed by the buyer under these Terms of Business at the rates prevailing on the day of the auction.
8) Auctioneers Margin Scheme. The Auctioneers Margin Scheme allows auctioneers to sell items without VAT on the hammer price. Under the margin scheme an amount equivalent to VAT at the current rate is added to the buyer`s premium. This amount cannot be refunded. The VAT element will not be shown separately on the buyer`s invoice.
9) Payment. The purchase price must be paid by the buyer to Charterhouse no later than 12 noon on the day following the sale. Due to Covid-19 our methods of payment are bank transfer only. Payment by cheque is not accepted. All purchases must be paid in full before any lot is removed from the premises, no goods will be released to buyers unknown to the auctioneers without adequate reference. Anyone who, for whatever reason, is unable to pay for their goods on the day of the sale, must inform the Accounts department as to the date and method that payment will be made. Accounts not paid within fourteen days will automatically be subject to an interest charge of 5% above base rate from the day of sale.
a) Bank details: Account: Charterhouse Auctioneers Ltd Sort code: 60-24-37 Account number: 14426099
a) All lots are sold and purchased ‘as seen’. A vehicle sold ‘as seen’ is sold and purchased for what it is and with all its faults (if any) and without any condition, warranty or other term (whether expressed or implied and whether implied by statute, common law, custom or otherwise) as to the age, description, mileage, suitability, fitness for purpose, merchantable quality or roadworthiness of the vehicle.
b) Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the description of each lot, but these, whether made orally or in the catalogue, are expressions of opinion and not representations of fact. Illustrations whether in the catalogue, on the web site, or sent by email are solely for guidance and must not be relied upon in any manner whatsoever. Most lots are of an age and nature which precludes their being in pristine condition. The condition of any lot and the nature of any damage and/or restoration should be confirmed by the buyer prior to the sale. All prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition, colour, age and all other matters relating to any lot and no claims will be accepted in respect of any such matter.
c) Each buyer by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that he has satisfied him or herself fully as to the condition of the lot.
d) Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure that the items lotted in this catalogue will be available and offered for sale in catalogue order, no responsibility can be accepted by the auctioneers for variations and omissions due to circumstances beyond their control. Neither Charterhouse nor the sellers of any lot will accept responsibility for any misrepresentations, mis-descriptions or omissions obtained in this catalogue.
e) All lots in this sale are sold 'as is' and bidders must satisfy themselves as to the provenance, condition, age, completeness and originality prior to bidding. Please read our terms and conditions.
11) Contract of Sale.
a) At the end of the auction, a contract of sale is completed between the seller and the buyer. Charterhouse is not a party to the contract of sale and shall not be liable for any breach thereof by the buyer or the seller.
b) The ownership of the lot(s) purchased will not pass to the buyer until the buyer has paid the auctioneers in full the total amount due and the auctioneers have applied such payment to the lot.
12) Transfer of Risk. Each lot shall be sold with all faults and imperfections, the auctioneer not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of any lot and making no warranty whatsoever.
13) Commission Bids. If instructed, the auctioneers will execute bids and advise prospective purchasers. This service is free. Lots will always be purchased as cheaply as is allowed by such other bids and reserves as are on the auctioneer`s books. In the event of identical bids, the earliest will take precedence. There must always be a maximum limit indicated, ie the amount to which you would bid if you were attending the auction yourself. "Buy" or unlimited bids will not be accepted. Commission bids placed by telephone are accepted at the client`s risk. We do accept commission bids by facsimile.
14) Collection of Goods. Due to the restrictions of Covid-19, and in order to protect the health of our vendors and buyers, by bidding at this auction you are agreeing to pay Chas Mortimer Ltd , or other professional motorcycle transporter, practising contact free collection and delivery, approved by Charterhouse, to collect the motorcycle from the vendor and bring it to you. The buyer is not able to collect the motorcycle in person.