Please note that most lots in the sale come from deceased estates. Therefore we do not have any further information on any lots, including vehicles, other than that stated in the description. We will not be providing any further condition reports and statements made in the description are the opinion of the auctioneer and are made with the limited knowledge available. These statement are made as an indication only and should not be relied upon, as purchaser you must satisfy yourself as to the condition of the lot prior to purchase. Please note that where we state that the vehicle was got running by us, this would have been with the aid of a jump starter, most vehicles will be non-running at the time of the sale and will require recommissioning to start and be made safe to use. Please note that no HPI checks have been undertaken, all lots are sold as seen.
Please note that all lots must be paid for by close of business (5pm) on Friday the 3rd of July, payment is by Debit cards or direct into our account only, no cash payments will be accepted. Any lots not paid for by that point will be disposed of at the auctioneers discretion. All lots must be collected from site by close of business on Wednesday 8th of July. Please note that we do not open at the weekend. Any lots not collected after the cut off time will incur £25.00 plus VAT storage charge per lot per day. Any lots that remain uncollected by Wednesday 15th of July will be disposed of at the auctioneers discretion with no refund of purchase monies. Prior to bidding, please ensure that you have the ability to collect the lot in question. We are unable to deliver any lots in this sale, we do not have equipment on site to assist with loading, therefore a suitable recovery vehicle or crane assisted equipment may be required by you to remove some of the lots. We have the contact number of a contractor who may be able to provide this service for the relevant charge, please let us know if you require these details.
If you have a specific query regarding a lot in the sale, please e mail your query to email@example.com. Any telephone queries will be directed to this route of communication.
- All lots are accepted and remain on the sale ground at the vendors risk. The Auctioneers will not accept any liability for damage sustained to a Lot that is attributable to members of the public or non-Auctioneer operatives during the Sale or any removable items left within lots during the same period. Any claims for damage and / or lost items must be submitted to the Auctioneers in writing no later than 3 working days after the date of the Sale and include a valid quote for repair or replacement and digital photographs where applicable.
- The Auctioneers shall be under no liability to notify vendors if lots are not sold.
- Each lot shall be sold at the sole risk of the purchaser on the fall of the hammer.
Exclusion of Liability
The auctioneers shall not be liable for any expenses, loss, claim or proceedings in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever to any property real or personal (including all lots) whether incurred before, during or after the sale. The auctioneers shall not be liable for any expense, loss, claim or proceeding in respect of any personal injury to or death of any person arising out of or in the course of or caused by the sale, except to the extent that the same is due to the negligence of the Auctioneers, their Servants or Agents.
The highest bidder shall be the Purchaser and any dispute which arises shall be settled by the Auctioneer who shall regulate the bidding and have the right to refuse a bid.
- All purchases shall be paid for in full by Friday 3rd July direct to the Auctioneers before removal and no lot to be removed without the written authority of the Auctioneers. Cash will not be accepted payment is by debit card or direct into the bank only. Where a purchaser defaults in payment, the Auctioneers reserve the right to re-sell the lot and to charge the Purchaser with any expenses and loss incurred by reason of the failure of the Purchaser to complete his purchases.
- Transfers of purchases will only be recognised at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers.
Removal of Lots
All lots must be cleared from the sale ground by Wednesday 8th July and if remaining longer without a satisfactory explanation for the non-clearance being given to the Auctioneers, the Auctioneers reserve the right to charge for handling and storage at the rate of £25 plus VAT per lot per day.
The descriptions are supplied by the Auctioneer who alone is responsible for details and accuracy. The Auctioneers may make any intimation of any alteration or modification of the description of any lot immediately before asking for bids. The Auctioneers shall be the sole and exclusive judge of the fact of such intimation and the terms in which it is made. Each lot is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and the Auctioneers are not responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot.
- Unless a warranty is given at the time of sale, the lots are sold as they stand with all faults, imperfections and errors of description or otherwise. The purchaser shall be deemed to have inspected the lots he buys.
- Vehicles may not be immediately roadworthy or may be of such design as will not without alterations, comply with the provisions of Road Traffic Acts or Regulations. The Purchaser shall undertake to comply with such Acts and Regulations.
- Vendors must comply with the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 and be capable of substantiating all claims, descriptions, quality, manufacture, composition etc of their lots. Where a vehicle is sold without reserve and/or without warranty it shall be implied that it is sold with all latent and patent faults and imperfections and the Purchaser shall have no right to reject the vehicle.
- Whilst every effort is made to verify vendors clean title we have not conducted an HPI check, the Auctioneers accept no responsibility for unforeseen disputes regarding title.
- Purchasers should be aware that the photograph included in the brochure is for illustration purposes only and may differ to the actual appearance of the vehicle on the day of sale. Bidders must therefore purchase the lot on its present condition at the time of sale.
- Where a vehicle is purchased which does not comply with the Motor Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regulations 1951 or any subsequent modification thereof the Purchaser shall not remove it from the Auctioneers premises under its own power. Every vehicle is sold on the understanding that it will not be used on a road in Great Britain until it has been put into such condition that it may lawfully be so used.
- The Auctioneer acts solely as agent between the Vendor and Purchaser and in the event of a dispute or refusal to pay or non-payment on the part of the Purchaser, they may, at their discretion, annul and cancel the sale of such lot or lots.
- The Auctioneers shall have the right, at its sole discretion, without assigning any reason, to refuse any person admission to its Premises or attendance at any of its Sales, or to view any Lot.
- The Auctioneers may in its absolute discretion refuse to accept any bid, advance the bidding as it may decide, withdraw or divide any Lot, combine any two or more Lots, and in the case of dispute may put up any Lot for auction again.
- If a Buyer fails either to pay for or to take away any Lot, the Auctioneers may without further notice to the Buyer, at its discretion and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies it may have, exercise one or more of the following rights or remedies, as may be relevant, in relation to any and all remedies for non-payment that the Auctioneers may choose to exercise. The Buyer will pay to the Auctioneers all legal and other costs borne by it on a full indemnity basis.
- To rescind the sale of that or any other Lots sold to the same Buyer at this or any other Sale, in respect of which title has not passed.
- To resell the Lot or cause it to be resold by public or private sale, such that any deficiency in the total amount due resulting from such resale (after giving credit for any payment) together with the full costs incurred in connection with the Lots shall be paid to the Auctioneers by the Buyer; any surplus in excess of the Sale Proceeds of that resale shall belong to the Seller.
- To store the Lot at the sole expense of the Buyer and to release the Lot only after payment in full of the total amount due, together with the accrued cost of the removal, storage and insurance and all other expenses incurred in connection with the Lot.
- To retain that or any other Lot sold to the Buyer at the same or any other auction and to release the same only after payment of the total amount due.
- To apply by way of set-off any Sale Proceeds of any Lot then due or at any time thereafter becoming due to the Buyer towards settlement of the total amount due and expenses and the Auctioneers shall be entitled to a lien on any property of the Buyer which is in the Auctioneers possession for any purpose.
- To reject or ignore any bids made by or on behalf of the defaulting Buyer at any future sales or insist upon a cash deposit before accepting any bids in future.
10. All Lots are offered as seen with all faults and defects without any guarantee or warranty attaching thereto as to condition, roadworthiness or otherwise and with all faults and defects whether apparent upon examination or not.
11. In any event, neither the Seller nor the Auctioneers shall be liable for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever, and the maximum liability of the Auctioneers together with its Employees and Agents, in the event of any claim against them arising from the sale of any Lot shall be limited to the Hammer Price plus Buyer’s Premium in respect of that Lot.
12. These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. All transactions to which these Conditions apply and all matters connected therewith shall also be governed by English Law. Each of the Auctioneer, the Seller, the Buyer and any bidder hereby submits to non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.