TIMED ONLINE AUCTION
Sale closes on Tuesday 18th August
At 11am (subject to staggered timing and the ten minute rule)
A special sale of smart TV’s to include over sixty 32" to 75"+ TV's by Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hisense, LG, Phillips and more. Including OLED, UHD, LED and 4k models all complete with remote controls and stands. Most also come with original packaging.
Important Information and Conditions of Sale
All lots in this sale are ‘sold as seen’ with any imperfections, faults or losses. No warranties are given. Bidders are deemed to be satisfied with the condition of any lots on which they bid.
Friday 14th and Saturday 15th July 9am - 5pm
Viewing for this sale is available with restrictions. A limited number of people will be permitted in the salerooms at any one time and strict social distancing measures will be in place.
Please note that our Limited Viewing is subject to change and dependent upon Government guidance at the time.
Buyer’s Premium, VAT and Online Surcharge
VAT at 20% and a Buyer’s Premium of 17.5%+VAT is added to the bid price of each lot. There is also a 3%+VAT online surcharge. In total, an additional 44.6% will be added to the hammer/bid price.
Attention is drawn to the Auctioneers Conditions of Sale in this catalogue and posted on the premises.
In particular, it is emphasised that all accounts must be settled on the day of sale.
Sale currency is GBP.
The following payment methods are accepted :
- Debit card (in person)
- Direct bank transfer
We do not accept payments by credit card or any card payments over the telephone.
Bank transfer details are as follows :
Bank Name : Metro Bank Plc
Account Name : W&H Peacock
Sort code : 23-05-80
Account # : 29033862
Please quote both the auction number and your invoice number as reference. Failure to do so may delay goods being released.
Please be aware that clients making international transfers will be liable for any bank imposed charges.
UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT ACCEPT BIDDERS FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK FOR THIS SALE
Following the sale, collection between 9am and 5pm on:
Thursday 20th and Friday 21st August
To make an appointment, please call 01234 266366 and confirm:
I. The invoice number,
II. Your client reference and surname
Please note that our staff will be strictly adhering to social distancing rules during the collection (i.e. keeping a distance of at least two meters)
In completing the online bidder registration you:
I. Confirm that you have sufficient funds to complete any purchases,
II. Agree to abide by the auctioneer’s conditions of sale and terms and conditions,
III. Agree to make payment by the methods and timescales stated above.
IV. Understand that failure to make payment and to collect your purchases will lead to your accounts with iBidder and W&H Peacock being blocked, and that you will be liable for any expenses or losses incurred by the auctioneers.
Bedford Auction Centre
Tel: 01234 266366
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Affecting purchasers and others attending the sale premises.
1. Purchasers will be deemed:
a) To have inspected their lots prior to the sale; and
b) To have accepted that lots are sold with all faults and imperfections specifically mentioned or not irrespective of whether they bid in person, by commission, online or through an agent.
2. All goods are second hand and sold without warranty unless otherwise stated in the sale catalogue or by the auctioneer from the rostrum. Any implied warranty, condition or other term is excluded except where to do so would be unlawful.
3. The auctioneers undertake that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions are accurate and reliable however these are matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact.
4. The auctioneers act as agents to the vendor and shall not incur liability to any purchaser for any statement, representation or warranty as to title, quality or otherwise of any lot made on behalf of and with the vendor’s authority. Likewise the auctioneers shall incur no liability to a purchaser arising from any defect in goods sold save in the event of negligence on the part of the auctioneers or their employees. Any liability therefore shall be a matter for dispute between purchaser and vendor only.
5. The auctioneers reserve on behalf of themselves and the vendors the following rights:
a) To sell subject to a reserve price
b) To bid on behalf of a vendor and/or purchasers
c) To refuse any bid
d) To rearrange, consolidate, divide, add or withdraw any lots or vary the order of the sale.
e) To exclude any person from the premises if there be good reason to do so.
6. The auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and shall determine from time to time the appropriate increment needed to advance the bidding.
7. The person making the highest accepted bid shall be the purchaser as defined in these conditions.
8. If a dispute arises as to any bidding then at the discretion of the auctioneer either:
a) The lot to which the disputed bid relates shall immediately be offered again, or
b) The auctioneer shall determine the dispute and his decision shall be final and binding on all parties
9. a) At the fall of the hammer the purchaser is required to give their Client Registration Number. If they have bid on behalf of another person or company they should make this clear to the auctioneer at the time. If they fail to do so then they will be held personally liable for the purchase under the terms of these conditions.
b) If, and as required by the auctioneer at the fall of the hammer, the purchaser shall pay to the auctioneer all or part of the purchase price plus VAT and buyers’ premium.
c) Any such payment made at the fall of the hammer may be treated, at the auctioneers’ discretion, as a general deposit against all purchases, made by that purchaser on the day.
d) All lots must be paid for in cash, or in other manner acceptable to the auctioneers, on the day of sale and before delivery is given.
e) Failure by the purchaser to comply with sub clause a) and b) shall entitle the auctioneer to cancel the sale and, at his discretion, to immediately re-offer the lot in question for sale by auction.
10. No transfer of lots or sub-sale by any purchaser is recognised by the auctioneers. Purchasers shall remain liable under these conditions in respect of their own purchase under the hammer.
11. Private treaty sales shall be subject to these conditions of sale where applicable.
12. All lots will be at the purchaser’s risk from the fall of the hammer. Purchasers are therefore advised to check that they have adequate insurance cover.
13. Purchasers will not normally be permitted to remove goods until their payment has cleared through the bank. Whether removal is permitted or not, ownership of goods will not be deemed to pass to the purchaser until their payment has cleared.
14. All lots must be cleared from the sale premises at the purchaser’s expense by the time stipulated or agreed by the auctioneers.
15. a) If a purchaser fails to comply with any of the preceding conditions the auctioneers may cause the lot in respect of which the failure is made to be resold by public or private sale without warranty or reserve and without notice to the purchaser.
b) If upon resale a lower price is obtained for any lot than was obtained on the first sale, the difference in price together with all costs and charges attending the resale shall be a debt due from the purchaser in default at the first sale.
c) Alternatively the auctioneers may, at their discretion, store the lot and recover reasonable charges for so doing from the purchaser.
16. All Sales shall be deemed to have been made in England and the Parties to the Sale hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. English Law shall be the proper law of the Contract of Sale.