All Buyers Please Note:
Neither Pygott & Crone or the Vendor are responsible for any VAT, duties, goods and services tax, or other sales or import taxes or duties arising on the exportation of the goods from Great Britain and the importation of the goods into any country by the Purchaser or their agent. Any phytosanitary certification and documentation required to export lots from the Great Britain are strictly the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
1. The highest bidder to be the purchaser, subject to the reservation that the Auctioneer shall have the right to (a) regulate the bidding, (b) reject any bid, (c) determine at his absolute discretion all disputes regarding the bidding or any other matters arising under these Conditions, and of bidding for, withdrawing, consolidating, dividing or altering the order of the lots. No person shall be allowed to retract his or her bidding.
2. All bids shall be exclusive of Value Added Tax and VAT will be charged on the hammer price on each lot, if applicable, unless the Auctioneer specifically states otherwise at the time of sale.
3. The purchase money together with the commission and V.A.T. shall become payable at the fall of the hammer, if required, and must be paid on the day of the sale, such payment being made to the Auctioneer or his Clerk only.
4. Each and every lot shall, at the fall of the hammer, be at the sole risk and expense of the respective purchaser and the Auctioneers will not be responsible for any damage of loss occasioned by fire, theft, accident or otherwise, but no lot or lots shall become the property of the purchaser nor removable by him until the purchase money has been paid and the Auctioneers’ official receipt or removal order obtained. If any lot or lots are removed in contravention of these conditions the Auctioneers shall have the power to seize the same by their servants or agents, or otherwise, to recover either the said lots or the price thereof, at their option, by action at law.
5. All lots must be removed from the place of sale in accordance with these conditions on the day of the sale or within such other times as the Auctioneers may specify. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell any lots not so moved without notice by public auction or private treaty or to despatch the lots to the purchaser or owner at that time, at their absolute discretion, in either case at the expense of the purchaser or owner at the time as aforesaid.
6. For the purposes of the sale the Clerk of the Auctioneer shall be deemed to be agent of both the vendor and the purchaser.
7. The Auctioneers act as agent only. Each and every lot is sold with all faults and errors of description and neither the vendor nor the Auctioneers shall be responsible for the authenticity, condition, quality or correctness of description of any lot, nor have they or any person employed by either of them any authority to give any warranty or representation in respect of such matters. Any statements made in the catalogue or otherwise in respect of such matter are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements or representations of fact. Purchasers shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters.
8. The Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw, alter, consolidate or divide lots previously advertised, catalogued or viewed, without any prior notice, and will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience whatsoever caused thereby.
9. If any purchaser neglects or refuses to comply with these Conditions or any of them his deposit money, if any, shall be forfeited and any unremoved lots sold in accordance with Paragraph 4, any expenses or loss caused to the Auctioneers thereby being recoverable from the defaulter as and for liquidated damages. This condition is however without prejudice to the Auctioneer’s right to enforce the Contract of Sale if they think fit.