Strutt & Parker (Farms) Ltd Dispersal Auction No2
Timed Online Sale of Crawler, Cultivation Equipment, Trailers & Spares
Bidding opens 9am Wednesday 9th June and closes from 10am Wednesday 16th June 2021
Viewing 9am - 4pm on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th June 2021
Auctioneers’ viewing day telephone numbers: 07773 359134 & 07590 608391
NO BUYER’S PREMIUM
Please refer to Terms and Conditions of Sale
Bidding opens 9am Wednesday 9th June and closes from 10am Wednesday 16th June. Lots will end at 30 second intervals. If a bid is placed in the last five minutes of an item ending, the end time will be extended for a further five minutes. All bidding is to be through i-Bidder and BidSpotter only.
Please do not leave placing your bids until the last few minutes – buyers have been caught out in the past by their internet dropping out or being unstable and the page not updating. You may need to refresh your browser to see the latest bids. It is recommended that bidders use Google Chrome. You can place your maximum bid at any point over the period 9th-16th June and the system will automatically bid up to your maximum for you. As long a reserve is met, you will only buy an item one bid over the previous bidder, regardless of your maximum bid. Your maximum bid is not visible to the other bidders or auctioneers.
Viewing 9am - 4pm on Friday 11th & Saturday 12th June at both sites in Essex (lots 1 - 399) and Suffolk (lots 400 - 735). The machinery will be well spread out but those visiting the site must ensure that social distancing regulations are adhered to. In order to comply with the restrictions, there maybe some waiting required.
The machinery on offer comes from solely from the farming business of Strutt & Parker (Farms) Ltd. Please direct specific enquiries to the manager of the farm each item has come from, as denoted by the reference at the end of the description:
M - Marshes -Mr Alan Ponder 07787 100589
LH - Lawn Hall - Mr Andrew Cook 07787 100585
LV - Lavenham - Mr Martin Bowers 07787 100597
LM - Landermere - Mr Martin Bowers 07787 100597
All general enquiries to
James Durrant, Clarke & Simpson 07773 359134
Charlie Hart, Belport 07833 707070
Value Added Tax
Value Added Tax is payable by the buyer on the hammer price on ALL LOTS in this sale.
All collections strictly by appointment with Mr Andrew Cook 07787 100585 (Essex: Lots 1 - 399) and Mr Martin Bowers 07787 100597 (Suffolk: Lots 400 - 735). Receipted invoices must be provided prior to loading.
Telehandlers will be provided for loading, but any item too large to be loaded by the telehandlers will be the responsibility of the purchaser as no loading can be provided.
All lots must be removed by 14th July and subject to payment being made beforehand.
Clarke & Simpson do not offer a packing, shipping or palletising service and preparation/ collection of all lots are the responsibility of the purchaser. Full global shipping and containerisation service available from James P Dixon Ltd (01359 258034).
Buyers from outside the UK
In the context of this sale, this also includes buyers from Northern Ireland. Following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, a deposit equivalent to UK VAT rate (20%) will be charged on all lots purchased by buyers outside the UK, regardless of whether the buyer has purchased from Clarke & Simpson before. This will be refunded upon confirmation the item(s) have been exported and full traceability provided by the purchaser within two weeks of the date of sale. The preparation for machinery for export, including cleaning, obtaining phyto-sanitary certificates and export paperwork, will be entirely at the buyer’s cost. This work will be not be carried out by Clarke & Simpson or the vendor. It must be carried out by an appropriate shipping agent. We recommend James P Dixon Ltd, and may involve them removing machinery to their site. Please contact them directly for a quotation on 01359 258034.
i-bidder.com & bidspotter.co.uk
All purchases made shall be subject to an administration charge of 2% plus VAT (charged by i-Bidder and BidSpotter). Please refer to the Terms & Conditions of Sale for further information. There is no buyer’s premium in addition.
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. DESCRIPTION. No warranty is given or implied by the description in the catalogue. Each lot is sold in its condition at the time of sale with all faults, defects, imperfections and errors of description (if any). Whilst every endeavour has been made to describe the items adequately and properly, the purchaser shall deem to have inspected the lot prior to purchase.
2. STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS. Purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves prior to purchasing regarding current legal requirements (e.g. Health & Safety at Work Act) and it is expressly brought to the bidders’ attention that equipment in the sale may not necessarily comply with such regulations. Any purchaser shall satisfy himself as to any statutory requirement for the use of any item and no liability shall rest with the vendors nor the Auctioneers.
3. VARIATION OF LOTS. Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots or submit them in any order that they deem desirable.
4. BIDDING. Highest bidder to be the purchaser. The Auctioneers shall regulate the bids and they reserve the right to refuse any bidding and in the case of any lot upon which there may be a reserve bid on behalf of the Vendor. Where two or more bids at the same level are simultaneously received by the auctioneer, the bid submitted first shall take preference. In the case of dispute, the Auctioneer shall be sole arbitrator in any matters arising during or out of the sale.
5. PAYMENT. All lots shall be paid for upon receipt of invoice and the Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse collection if payment has not been made. To avoid such inconvenience payment should be made by bank transfer. Any alternative form of payment must be arranged with the Auctioneers prior to the Sale. All items are subject to a 2% plus VAT internet administration charge. After the fall of the hammer (or close of auction online), the lot shall be at the purchaser’s risk. It is expressly stated that the Auctioneers or vendor will not be responsible for its safe custody. Due to Money Laundering Regulations 2007, the Auctioneers cannot accept cash payments in excess of £12,000 (inc. VAT) from any one person. All money received will be held in Clarke & Simpson’s Clients Account at Barclays Bank plc, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk. Account Number 83428591. Sort Code 20-98-07.
6. DEFAULT. If the purchaser defaults with his payment the Auctioneer shall be at liberty to recover by process of law, against the purchaser the cost of any lot or lots bought by him or, without reference to the purchaser, dispose of such lots as the Auctioneer sees fit. If there is a surplus on resale the Auctioneer shall have the right to appropriate the same, or if a deficiency, to recover from the purchaser such deficiency.
7. INDEMNITIES AND PENALTIES. Purchasers shall pay for any damage done by themselves or their agents during the removal of their lots. Attendance at the viewing days and during collection shall be at the risk of those attending to both themselves and to their goods and vehicles.
8. ELECTRICAL SAFETY REGULATIONS. All electrical lots are subject to electrical safety regulations and fall within “the low voltage electrical equipment (safety) regulations 1989” and therefore may only be purchased by a trader who is in the business of repairing or reconditioning such items to comply with these regulations.
1. The sale takes place upon the instructions of Strutt & Parker (Farms) Ltd.
2. The items are located at Lawn Hall Farm, Lawn Hall Chase, North End, Great Dunmow, Essex CM6 3PN and Bird’s Farm, Blacksmiths Lane, Thorpe Morieux, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. IP30 0NJ and the sale will run from 9th June 2020 until 16th June 2021.
3. V.A.T. will be added to the hammer price on all lots. Export: a deposit equivalent to UK VAT rate (20%) will be charged on all lots purchased by buyers outside the UK (including Northern Ireland in this context), regardless of whether the buyer has purchased from Clarke & Simpson before. This will be refunded upon confirmation the item(s) have been exported and full traceability provided by the purchaser within two weeks of the date of sale.
4. REMOVAL OF LOTS. All lots must be removed by 14th July 2021 at latest, any lots left after this date may be sold to cover costs. Attention is drawn to purchaser’s responsibility after the sale as stated in the Conditions of Sale.
5. VIEWING. 9am - 4pm on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th June 2021
6. LOADING. All collections strictly by appointment with Mr Andrew Cook 07787 100585 (Essex) and Mr Martin Bowers 07787 100597 (Suffolk) and receipted invoices must be provided prior to loading. Telehandlers will be provided for loading, but any item too large to be loaded by the telehandlers will be the responsibility of the purchaser as no loading can be provided.
7. PAYMENT. Particular attention is drawn to the conditions of sale concerning payment. BACS is preferred. If purchasers wish to pay by cheque and are not well known to the Auctioneers, then no lot will be removed from the sale site until the cheque has cleared. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY WILL BE RIGIDLY ENFORCED AND SUITABLE ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE.
8. HOURS AND MILEAGE where mentioned are at times of cataloguing. Registration documents (where available) will be supplied after clearance of payment.
9. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any expense, loss, claim or proceedings in respect of personal injury to or death of any person arising out of or in the course of or caused by the Sale, except to the extent that the same is due to the negligence of the Auctioneers.
10. PHOTOGRAPHS. The photographs included within the catalogue were all taken in January 2020 and May and June 2021.